What InstaReM does well
Create a new account easily by using the InstaReM app or website.
- Bank account transfers from all countries.
- ACH Pull payments from the USA.
- Debit card payments from the European Union and the UK.
- POLi payments from Australia.
- FPX payments from Malaysia.
Available for iOS and Android.
Where InstaReM could improve
Speed - Some InstaReM reviews on Trustpilot suggest that transfers can take longer than the stipulated 1 - 2 business days.
Limits - Minimum transfer limits vary based on the sender's location. Maximum transfer limits vary depending on where the sender and recipient live.
Phone transfers - You can not carry out transfers over the phone as a personal customer.
You can sign up using the eRemit website or eRemit app. While creating a new account is simple, the verification process might take some time.
Make payments via FPX (direct deduction from your bank account) or by using your Merchantrade Money Prepaid Visa Card.
Face-to-face document verification
- Personal customers can carry out up to 15 transactions in a 30-day period.
- They can transfer up to RM 50,000 per day.
- The FPX maximum limit per transaction is RM 20,000 per day.
Online document verification
- Malaysian citizens and expatriates can transfer a maximum of RM 30,000 per day.
- Migrant workers can transfer up to RM 5,000 within 30 days from their last visit to their home country.
Business customers can carry out transfers of up to RM 10 million per day.
Bank account transfers to most countries go through in 1 - 2 business days. Transfers to cash pickup locations can go through almost immediately.
eRemit provides apps for Android and Apple. eRemit reviews on Google Play Store have largely positive things to say about the app's usability, although a few customers highlight problems surrounding the app not working with particular devices. There are few eRemit reviews on the Apple App Store.